Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
bransoj
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Jon Branson

Automatic Retries

Post by bransoj »

Hi

We have a machine being backed up via Veeam Endpoint Backup on version 1.5 which cannot be updated due to some legacy machine and connectivity issues. Generally its working fine and backs up first time with no issues. There have however been a couple of times recently where its failed and then constantly retried every 10 mins with failures and an email notification each time. I've looked through the Veeam client on the machine and cannot see anyway of configuring the number of retries, how it retries etc so when this has happened we've just cancelled the job for that day and wait to see what happens the following day when in the main its worked fine with no changes needed.

Is there a way of configuring these retry attempts at all via the registry etc?
gfarcas
Service Provider
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: George Farcas

Re: Automatic Retries

Post by gfarcas »

Hello,

You should be able to set the retry in the Job configuration:
Programming quote - "When I developed this program only god & I knew what I did, now only god knows"
bransoj
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Jon Branson

Post by bransoj »

I suspect there is something here with versions, as mentioned the software on this machine is version 1.5 and if i go to the screen you show i see the following :-

gfarcas
Service Provider
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: George Farcas

Post by gfarcas »

You are right, the screenshot was from Server Edition.
Programming quote - "When I developed this program only god & I knew what I did, now only god knows"
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

Jon,

Veeam Endpoint Backup 1.5 works in free mode which means that retries are enabled by default. Job will start a retry cycle in case of an error automatically.