Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
jh906
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: JH

Question Regarding Backup Mode

Post by jh906 »

Hello Everyone,

Sorry if this is a silly question, but I couldn't find a straight answer anywhere else.

When choosing the "Entire Computer" option, it's not going to try and backup mapped/shared network drives is it?

Also, choosing this option, you can still do a file level restore, correct? My understanding is that choosing the higher level backup option (Entire Computer) gives access to the lower level restore options (Volume level restore, file level restore), in addition to a complete restore.

Thanks!
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Question Regarding Backup Mode

Post by Dima P. » 1 person likes this post

Hello and welcome to the community JH
When choosing the "Entire Computer" option, it's not going to try and backup mapped/shared network drives is it?
Veeam Agent for Windows cannot process remote media (i.e. mapped or shared folders) in any mode.
Also, choosing this option, you can still do a file level restore, correct? My understanding is that choosing the higher level backup option (Entire Computer) gives access to the lower level restore options (Volume level restore, file level restore), in addition to a complete restore.
Yup, that's correct - with Entire computer backup you have all available restore options supported.