Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
DeadEyedJacks
Veeam ProPartner
Liked: 26 times
Full Name: Dead-Data

Replication job failing "The given key was not present in the dictionary"

Post by DeadEyedJacks »

Case #03681293

Replication job failing "The given key was not present in the dictionary"
Never seen this error before and couldn't find anything in Veeam Knowledgebase

Have retried job to no avail.
Chris_Heritage
Lurker
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Chris Murdoch

Re: Replication job failing "The given key was not present in the dictionary"

Post by Chris_Heritage » 1 person likes this post

We had this a couple of months ago and the fix was pretty simple, I'll paste the reply in its entirety for you. We only had to run an active full in our instance.
Subject: RE: Backup Copy. Error - The given key was not present in the dictionary - Case # 03508408

Chris

Hi my name is Michael and I am the Engineer who will provide the initial response to your issue.

Thank you for contacting Veeam Support regarding this error - The given key was not present in the dictionary.

Normally this issue can be resolved by running an active full on the backup copy job to begin a new chain. Please go ahead and run an active full on this backup copy job. Depending on your connection speed, you may want to edit the job and increase the length of the copy interval for this full backup. Once it has completed you can adjust it back down.

If the active full does not fix the issue we will need to try starting a new backup set. Instructions for that can be found here, but you would go to Backups > Disk(Copy) instead of Backups > Disk: https://www.veeam.com/kb1885

Please let me know how things go.

Thank You
Michael Zuydam
Veeam Support