Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
rilliam
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: rilliam

lab manager support

Post by rilliam »

How well does veeam play with lab manager?
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6700 times

Re: lab manager support

Post by Gostev »

Hello, Veeam Backup currently does not support Lab Manager. We are currently investigating demand for this functionality. Thank you.
ma135127
Lurker
Full Name: Manny

Post by ma135127 »

Hi any idea if Veeam will support LAB Manager ?
Gostev
Chief Product Officer

Post by Gostev »

Hello, no plans for near future, as demand for this functionality has not been high.
mkracker
Novice
Full Name: Mike Kracker

Post by mkracker »

+1 for demand on Lab Manager support. We are installing six dual-proc hosts running with Lab Manager over the next couple months. We are evaluating the purchase of the Veeam Suite. I realize the suite won't backup the VMs or monitor each VM smoothly. Would the Veeam suite still monitor/report on the resource pools, hosts, datastores or clusters?

Just thinking out loud...
It would be nice to get some notifications on CPU ready % or other similar details on VMs in the Lab Manager environment. I don't necessarily need to keep a history of what all VMs are deployed.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer

Post by Gostev »

Thank you for your feedback, Mike.

Did you check out our upcoming SureBackup technology by any chance? I realize it is quite far from LabManager, but we have already heard from few customers that they are considering using the "on-demand production replica" functionality provided by SureBackup engine to do some of the tasks they were previously using LabManager for. Although we do not have any plans to move towards matching LabManager capabilities, this is something you should consider if you are Veeam Backup customer, as you will get all this functionality "for free".
mkracker wrote:It would be nice to get some notifications on CPU ready % or other similar details on VMs in the Lab Manager environment. I don't necessarily need to keep a history of what all VMs are deployed.
Did you try our Veeam Monitor product? We even have free edition for this, and it is not limited by the number of VMs or hosts. It does monitor CPU Ready % as well as many other performance parameters.
mlaccs
Lurker
Full Name: Mark Liechty

Post by mlaccs »

Any update on this? I have a customer who bought Veeam and about 1/2 of their ESX environment is Lab Manager. We had a Veeam badged regional rep on-site with the customer during the sales process and he did not bring up the fact we would not be able to backup the most critical parts of this customer environment.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2719 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

No changes since Anton's response above.