Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
danc
Enthusiast
Liked: never
Full Name: Dan

Veeam End Backups not running since Veeam B&R 9.5u4a upgrade

Post by danc »

Hi
I have noticed that my Veeam Endpoint Backup job for our physical server is failing.
It seems to have occured around the time I upgraded our Veeam B&R 9.5 to Update 4a

I have also noticed that Veeam Endpoint Backup is now renamed as Veeam Agent for Windows

Do I need to download and install Veeam Agent Windows 2.0 and reconfigure everything or is there an upgrade for Veeam EndPoint to Veeam Agent?

Thanks
Dan
danc
Enthusiast

Re: Veeam End Backups not running since Veeam B&R 9.5u4a upgrade

Post by danc »

I forgot to add that I am getting the following error is Veeam EndPoint Backup when I try to run my backup:
"Backup server uses incompatible Protocol Version"
wishr
Veteran
Liked: 453 times
Full Name: Fedor Maslov

Post by wishr »

Hi Dan,

What version do you have currently running?

Thanks
danc
Enthusiast

Post by danc »

I am currently running Veeam Endpoint Backup Version: 1.5.0.306
wishr
Veteran
Liked: 453 times
Full Name: Fedor Maslov

Post by wishr »

Hi Dan,

The latest VAW version is 3.0.2.1170, so you may want to have it instead of 2.0.

As far as I got your Agent jobs are managed by the backup server, is this correct? If so, you might uninstall the agents, then re-deploy them using B&R console. It will be required to re-create the jobs from the ground, unfortunately, due to the significant changes in the underlying Agent database components.

Yes, there is an upgrade path implying consecutive manual updates installation, but once again the jobs created in 1.5 will not work in 3.0.2, so it's pointless in the long-term.

In case if you face any difficulties during the process - please reach out to our technical support team directly for assistance.

Thanks