Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
robinhollins
Novice
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Robin Hollins

error Upgrading managed servers after upgrade 9.5 Update 4b

Post by robinhollins »

Just wondered if anyone else had seen this. We have encountered it on 2 separate sites now.

After upgrade B&R server the managed server upgrade kicks in and lots fail with an error copying the transport package once it gets to 98%.

"The remote procedure call failed and did not execute. RPC function call failed. Function name: [DoRpcWithBinary] : Target machine: [proxy1:6160]"

It looks like a firewall issue but it isn't, and appears to perhaps be more UAC related. Problem was a lot of my proxies are windows core with UAC regkey set to off. So I found I need to copy over the transport and mount service packages from the B&R server an run them manually. These proxies all formally installed and upgraded fine on 9.5 Update 4a and the account specified form them has admin access.

thanks
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: error Upgrading managed servers after upgrade 9.5 Update 4b

Post by foggy » 1 person likes this post

Hi Robin, copying setup package manually is the right approach in such cases. If you want to find out the reason for the components upgrade failures, feel free to contact technical support for upgrade logs review.