Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
jimnoco
Service Provider
Liked: never
Full Name: Jimmy

Daily report on backup jobs in a multitenant Veeam Server

Post by jimnoco »

Greetings,

I have a multi-tenant Veeam B/R server that handles backups for customers in a public cloud. Another words, the VCenter that Veeam connects to is multitenant and hosts multiple customers that are set up in resource pools and translate to VCloud Director. We currently utilize the job notification settings but one of our customers has over 20 jobs and it creates a lot of noise as they get 20 notifications daily. They are looking for a consolidated backup report that shows the status of their jobs in one notification.

I have tried the following in Enterprise Manager:

Add VCloud to B/R and tenant to Self-Service. There is no way I can find to link the backup jobs to a VCloud tenant as the jobs themselves are VMware backups and not VCloud. There is also no option for reports in the self-service backup portal.

Add a customer account to roles and specify the objects it has access to (there is no option to schedule reports or notifications with this)
I can't use the notifications Job Summary option in Enterprise Manager, as this will show all jobs in the B/R Server and I can't just specify the jobs for the customer in question.

I have Veeam One in this environment but I couldn't find a report that satisfies this requirement.

Does anyone have any ideas how to accomplish this?
PetrM
Veeam Software
Liked: 526 times
Full Name: Petr Makarov

Re: Daily report on backup jobs in a multitenant Veeam Server

Post by PetrM » 1 person likes this post

Hi Jimmy!

Might be obvious question but have you tried this report:
https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/one/r ... l?ver=95u4

You can also schedule some PS script which returns job and task sessions. You can find info and examples here:
https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backu ... l?ver=95u4

Thanks in advance!