Management reporting and documentation
McClane
Expert
Liked: 11 times

VeeamOne free Tape Reports

Post by McClane »

Hi,

I'm trying to find out if we can make any use of VeeamOne in our environment, but it's really making it hard for me.

Main reason was the lack of information from VBR about the tapes and what is on them.

I tried all the tape reports, but none of them provide any useful data for me.
For example: I want a report that gives me all the tapes from the last weekly backup. The GFS report don't even show the weeklies, it's not there. Only the dailies and monthlies are in the report. And I also don't want every weekly, only the last one, so I can see if all tapes have been stuffed in the vault.

Then I would like a report that give me all tapes that contain restore points a specific VM.

Who is using the other reports and for what besides to see how many tapes I have in my inventory and don't see any use for daily work.
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Re: VeeamOne free Tape Reports

Post by Shestakov »

Hi,
Have I understood correctly that you are looking for tape reports providing 2 things:
1. List of tapes that were used during the particular job run.
2. You choose VM and the report shows you all tapes containing backups of this VM. However, a tape may be offline or rewritten. Is it better to show list of tapes where backup of particular VM was written?
Thanks
McClane
Expert
Liked: 11 times

Post by McClane »

1. Right. So I can easily check if all tapes were exported and taken out of the library after the weekly full runs.
2. Rewritten tapes don't have a working copy on them, so why I should consider them? In this example I just want to know how many tapes a particular VM uses. This VM spans over multiple tapes.
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Post by Shestakov »

1. We are adding such a feature for file-to-tape jobs in v10. Backup-to-tape is in the to-do list for future versions. Thanks for the feedback!
2. I meant that the tape may go offline and then be erased or rewritten. Anyway it's also taken into account.