Maintain control of your Microsoft 365 data
sandsturm
Veteran
Liked: 23 times

VBO for "Office 365 Multi-Geo Tenant"

Post by sandsturm »

Hi

I have some questions regarding VBO and O365 MultiGeo Tenant. Our idea is to have such an O365 MultiGeo Tenant, meaning that we will have a single Tenant but different MulitGeo's inside to separate the different departments within our company. My questions are:
- can I separate these different MultiGEOs within VBO from a permissions perspective? Meaning that I can have different VBO admins, so that VBO-Admin_1 has access only to MultiGEO_1 and VBO-Admin_2 has access only to MultiGEO_2. I hope it's clear what I mean?
- Can I have separate repositories for the backupdata of every of these MultiGEOs?
- Would it be possible to have different VBO instances for this single tenant, but each VBO instance has permissions only for their own MultiGEO part?

I hope my questions are clear enough....

thx
sandsturm
Polina
Veeam Software
Liked: 681 times
Full Name: Polina Vasileva

Re: VBO for "Office 365 Multi-Geo Tenant"

Post by Polina »

Hi sandsturm,

#1 is not possible; you can create a separate service account for each Geo location, but still, each of them will be able to access all data within a single tenant.
#2 this can be achieved, for example, by installing a dedicated proxy in each Geo and creating corresponding backup repositories there.
#3 same as #1 - it's currently not possible to provide exclusive permissions to parts of organization within a single tenant.

Thanks!
sandsturm
Veteran
Liked: 23 times

Post by sandsturm »

Thank you for your fast answer!
#2 this can be achieved, for example, by installing a dedicated proxy in each Geo and creating corresponding backup repositories there.
Am I right that I have to install the proxies and repos in azure in this case, and that I can't install proxies/repos in my own datacenters?

thx
sandsturm
Polina
Veeam Software
Liked: 681 times
Full Name: Polina Vasileva

Post by Polina »

There're no technical limitations - you can choose whatever location you like, and it can be your 'on-prem' infrastructure as well. The idea was to optimize connection/backup when pulling data from different geo-locations.