Maintain control of your Microsoft 365 data
CTech
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Ctech

Export Mailbox Data from Specific Date Range

Post by CTech »

Is it possible to export a group of mailboxes using a specific date range ( For example, export all email between September 2018 to June 2019)?
I've tried using the advanced find setting in Exchange Explorer, specifying a filter for receive date and another for sent date. It takes a really long time and there is no folder structure when exporting the results to PST.

I've also tried exporting the PST using the option to put a filter using the Outlook syntax of "received:>=9/1/18 AND received:<=5/1/19" and it doesn't look like the filter applied at all as the PST contains the full mailbox.

I also don't see how I can export multiple mailboxes at once. Is this not possible? Using Veeam for eDiscovery seems painful
Polina
Veeam Software
Liked: 705 times
Full Name: Polina Vasileva

Re: Export Mailbox Data from Specific Date Range

Post by Polina »

Welcome to Veeam Forums, Ctech!

Export to PST is supported in two scenarios: it can be either a single mailbox or all mailboxes under a datastore mounted to Veeam Explorer - in bulk. And each of the options is possible with custom filters applied - Export to PST -> Apply filter option (like you set it to the specific date range). The folder structure is always preserved.

Please open a support case and share its ID in this thread, so that we could follow up the investigation.

Thanks!
CTech
Lurker
Full Name: Ctech

Post by CTech »

Can you help me with the proper syntax of the filter to be used in the export PST option?
Polina
Veeam Software

Post by Polina »

You can use the same syntax, as for regular Outlook. In my lab, I actually used a similar syntax from your example to export the last month data (received:>=7/1/19 AND received:<=8/12/19) and works perfectly. And this is why I'm recommending you to troubleshoot the issue together with our support engineers.
EskBackupGuy23
Influencer
Full Name: Crypto Ron

Post by EskBackupGuy23 »

Does this export all mail to a single PST file or individual PST files?
Polina wrote: Aug 12, 2019 5:24 pm Welcome to Veeam Forums, Ctech!

Export to PST is supported in two scenarios: it can be either a single mailbox or all mailboxes under a datastore mounted to Veeam Explorer - in bulk. And each of the options is possible with custom filters applied - Export to PST -> Apply filter option (like you set it to the specific date range). The folder structure is always preserved.

Please open a support case and share its ID in this thread, so that we could follow up the investigation.

Thanks!
Polina
Veeam Software

Post by Polina »

Hi Ron,

By default, multiple mailboxes will be exported to a single PST file.
But in this thread, you can find some hints on how to get individual files.

Thanks!