Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
Cleverior
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Cleverior

Custom preferred network

Post by Cleverior »

Hi all,

How to do custom preferred network for specific backup job? For example, i have 3 network adapters with different segment (management, data1, and data2). And then i want to backup VM using network management, and backup physical server using network data1, and backup other production server using network data2.

how to do custom preferred netowrk based on the above scheme?

Thank you in advance.
DGrinev
Veteran
Liked: 247 times
Full Name: Dmitry Grinev

Re: Custom preferred network

Post by DGrinev »

Hi Cleverior,

Veeam backup server cannot choose a network depending on the specific job type. It will choose the preferred network automatically based on availability.
Please review the existing threads about the preferred network feature: Best practice network scheme or B&R Server and Dedicated backup network.

Thanks!
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

You can configure dedicated proxy servers that belong to the required network and explicitly select the corresponding proxy server in the job settings.
Cleverior
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Cleverior

Post by Cleverior »

DGrinev wrote: Aug 13, 2019 12:51 pm Veeam backup server cannot choose a network depending on the specific job type. It will choose the preferred network automatically based on availability.
Please review the existing threads about the preferred network feature: Best practice network scheme or B&R Server and Dedicated backup network.
Ok thanks. I'll check the threads.