Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
Mgamerz
Expert
Liked: 28 times

Does VAW have a "periodic" backup option?

Post by Mgamerz »

Does VAW have a "periodic" backup option?

When I used backup exec for client backups (yeah yeah i know...), it was schedule based, so if a laptop wasn't around at the time the backup simply was skipped.

On my current product (druva insync) it is periodic based - every 8 hours. If a backup is missed, then when the system is online and can reach the server, the backup commences. After that, in 8 hours, it backs up again.

I have found that for client systems this periodic style of backup is far superior than schedule based.
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2890 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Re: Does VAW have a "periodic" backup option?

Post by HannesK »

Hello,
I split your question away from the other topic as it was not really related to that.

Is your question about the what should happen if the computer is powered off at the backup time?

https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/agent ... tml?ver=30

Or are you asking for hourly backup instead of daily backup? For me both "daily" and "hourly" is "periodic". But the "hourly" backup option for workstation edition would be a new feature request. It exists in server edition schedule today. But that one does not have the "power off" options because a server is always online.

Best regards,
Hannes
Mgamerz
Expert
Liked: 28 times

Re: Does VAW have a "periodic" backup option?

Post by Mgamerz »

Yes, I suppose I would be thinking of "if system was powered off". That answers my question, thanks :)