Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
CharlieKPoland
Enthusiast
Liked: 1 time

Error with automaticall update to v3.0.2

Post by CharlieKPoland »

Hi. Have problems with half of my PCs. All I have are VAfW at version 3.0.1.1039. Few days ago I received messages "New software update is available. Download now".

So I clicked download - there was green "downloading" rotating icon. But after about few aprox. 10 seconds I recevice massively error (red cross in circle): "failed to download the update".

I noticed this behaviour at systems: Windows 7 x64 SP1, Windows 7 x86 SP1, Windows 2008 R2 Server Foundation, Windows 2008 R2 Server Standard. There are placed at different localizations and domains and DNSes.

Regards - Charlie K.

(I placed Support Case 03724482 - but closed as not resolved)
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Error with automaticall update to v3.0.2

Post by Dima P. »

Hello CharlieKPoland,

Thank you for your post. Can you please clarify if any of the mentioned hosts have antivirus software installed? Can you disable one for test purpose and restart the update of Veeam Agent for Windows? Cheers!
CharlieKPoland
Enthusiast

Post by CharlieKPoland »

Of course. I have in general everywhere Symantec Endpoint Protection Cloud (newer stations) or SEP SBE. I disabled at one of them (SEP SBE) installed on Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1 - its antivirus even its firewall. And nothing helped. Still the same red cross error :(
great_vc
Enthusiast
Liked: 13 times
Full Name: Vassilis

Post by great_vc »

exact same issue. win 7 64bit

Should i download the installation manually or it will messup my staff cause it cannot update itself ?
B&R v12, Suite
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2719 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. » 1 person likes this post

You can download the latest build manually from our website, no issues with updating your VAW in a semi-automatic way ;)
Rocci
Novice
Full Name: Roger Seibel

Post by Rocci » 1 person likes this post

I always have the same issues downloading the new clients. I am using a sophos utm firewall with WEB PROXY (not transparent mode, using port 8080), and my workstations are set up properly.
But veeam tries to download DIRECTLY over ports 80 or 443, destination seems to be amazon servers in my case.

It would be very helpful and solve this problem, if veeam client would use the system proxy settings, or offer own settings for proxy ('system', 'fixed own entry' or 'no proxy', like other products do.)

Disabling firewall and opening the ports 80 and 443 solves the problem but is unwanted.

Regards
Roger
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

Hello Roger,

Thank you for your feedback, I'll discuss it with RnD folks. Cheers!