Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
govi
Enthusiast
Liked: 7 times
Full Name: Govinda Naik

query on backing up windows agent on cloud connect provider

Post by govi »

Hi Team,

Recently we performed trial on one of the veeam cloud connect service provider.
We have asked for below.
1) Rental license to backup X number of laptop/workstation on cloud connect
2)X TB of cloud connect space.
3) Veeam availability console to deploy veeam agent on laptop/desktop and to manage the backup from central console.

Cloud connect service provider has quoted 3 items. Can somebody form community confirm to me that below which is quoted as correct? Honestly i was expecting item 2 and 3 in quote but was surprise to see 1st item.
1)Cloud Connect Agent license Workstation-X license ( same cost as an item 3)
2)Cloud Connect Backup TB
3)Veeam Agent For Windows Workstation Edt- X license ( same cost as an item 1)

Thanks,

Govi
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: query on backing up windows agent on cloud connect provider

Post by Dima P. »

Hello Govi,

Can say that you definitely need the rental license for your agent installation (otherwise it cannot backup to Cloud Connect repository). Unfortunately, I cannot comment how service providers are charging for their services (indeed this could be based on consumed storage or per protected object). You can reach any other service provider in your area to simply compare the pricing and choose the best option that fits your needs. Cheers!
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2720 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: query on backing up windows agent on cloud connect provider

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Govi,

I concur with Dima, service providers usually charge for the number of backups stored in a cloud repository and/or consumed cloud storage (depending on their price model). Additionally, Veeam Agent has to be licensed somehow and since you're renting a license key from the service provider (he becomes an MSP), then there is an extra cost for the software.

Let me know if that helps!