Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
jrdc
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: J Roberts

Licensing Confusion!

Post by jrdc »

Hi,

We currently have a rental license that we use on both our main server that acts as a cloud repository, and our customers Windows Veeam agents that backup to Cloud Connect repository.

The issue we have is understanding how and what to license. Is there any clear guides on what requires a license, and what license we need to use?
It's very confusing when we have options such as 'Veeam Agent', and 'Veeam Cloud Connect Backup'. Don't you technically need the agent to do Cloud Connect Backups? Do I just need one of these, or both?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Licensing Confusion!

Post by Dima P. »

Hello and welcome to the community forums,
Is there any clear guides on what requires a license, and what license we need to use?
Here you go - Frequently Asked Questions - Veeam licensing (all products)
Don't you technically need the agent to do Cloud Connect Backups? Do I just need one of these, or both?
At the client side (agent) - you need a license to enable direct backup to cloud connect functionality. At the service provider's end i.e. Veeam Cloud Connect - you need to have a license to receive the backups from the protected instances. Check this article to learn more about Cloud Connect licensing. Cheers!
jrdc
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: J Roberts

Post by jrdc »

Thanks for this, but this is still very confusing.

We have the license files loaded (Rental), but when we report to our rental license provider, I am unsure if we are licensing it correctly.

Is there any more light you could please shine? Cheers
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

jrdc,

Can you please clarify your setup? Are you running agents and Veeam Cloud Connect infrastructure at the same time under your personal license or your are talking only about the client side (i.e. agent licenses)? Thank you!