Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
aman4God
Enthusiast
Liked: 4 times
Full Name: Stanton Cole

Veeam agent with .NET 4.5.2

Post by aman4God »

I am with a large hospital and we have some systems that are physical servers that have a software requirement of .NET 4.5.2. We recently installed the latest agent while doing our Veeam install and the 4.6 .NET install broke the software on the servers. We had to remove the 4.6 .NET install to get the software to work again. Is there any way to run an older version of .NET with these servers? Are there any other known work arounds for this situation? In the healthcare field, there are many, many poorly written and minimally updated applications that exist and at this point, our options are to break the software or not backup the servers. These servers are Windows 2012R2 servers. I have not opened a ticket yet as this is just a finding on the initial deployment of Veeam and the servers are still protected with Avamar currently.
wishr
Veteran
Liked: 453 times
Full Name: Fedor Maslov

Re: Veeam agent with .NET 4.5.2

Post by wishr »

Hi Stanton,

Sad to hear you got into this situation.

Are these Managed or Standalone Agents? In case if you use Standalone Agents you may install version 2.2 that runs on .Net 4.5.2. Please, note the support details for v2.2.

In the meanwhile, could you please raise a support case in parallel and let me know your case ID?

Thanks in advance,
Fedor
aman4God
Enthusiast
Liked: 4 times
Full Name: Stanton Cole

Re: Veeam agent with .NET 4.5.2

Post by aman4God » 1 person likes this post

Currently these are managed agents. If needed they could be operated as stand-alone if that is the only option for backing them up. I will open a ticket and submit that info back here. Thank you.