Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
justwantagoodbackup
Lurker
Liked: never

ExitCode: 50 When Importing configuration.xml

Post by justwantagoodbackup »

Hello,

Just running through a script to import the Veeam configuration xml and I'm getting an ExitCode: 50 when it attempts to.

The wording is:
Invalid job configuration: Logon failure: the user has not been granted the requested logon type at this computer. Failed to create or open file
I exported the xml from an account with a Workstation license, and I successfully imported it immediately before importing the xml. I exported it from the same account as was logged in when trying to import (though I was using a .bat file through SCCM).

The xml doesn't have any user info in it. The SMB backup share is wide-open, and Everyone has access to it.

The xml only has the 1 job - a Volume-Level Backup, and it does import if I'm using the Free version. The issue is that trying to install Veeam Agent silently and trying to kick off a Volume-Level Backup is not possible on the Free version, since after you install the software, you need to open the app to import the license. I can then manually import the xml and it works (on the Free version).

Thank you
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: ExitCode: 50 When Importing configuration.xml

Post by Dima P. »

Hi justwantagoodbackup,

Can you please clarify if the license has been installed prior running the import command? Configuration API works only after license has been installed to the product. Thanks!
regexreggae
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Gary Chainmiller

[MERGED] Configurator - how to import Config.xml successfully

Post by regexreggae »

Hi guys,

need some help/ further explanation as to the exact contents of the Config.xml in order to sucessfully import it to the Agent.

My goal is to change an existing backup job by importing an xml. We would have to do this as a batch process (i.e. with multiple clients) in our environment.
I managed to export the Config.xml to the default folder without any issues, but when I try to import the same xml, I get an error message. If I modify it a bit here and there, I get error messages as well. The error codes I got so far are 20, 45 and 50 - but they are not very "verbose" in the sense that I don't really get a clue as to what exactly the configurator expects inside the xml file.

Is it possible at all to change an existing backup job by importing an xml? For example, if I simply want to change, say (to keep the example simple), the name of the job (i.e. the value of JobDesc), will I have to import a complete xml file with only that value different to the original file, or will I have to only include that information in the xml file?

I have read somewhere else that importing is not possible with the free version of the agent (which I'm using), but if this is so, why am I able to export the config and why do I get the regular error codes when trying to import (instead of, say, an information message that reads "importing is not possible with the free version" or similar)?

Grateful for any hints :)
BR
Gary

P.S. I'm using the free Windows agent, version 5.0.3.4708
Natalia Lupacheva
Veteran
Liked: 302 times
Full Name: Natalia Lupacheva

Re: ExitCode: 50 When Importing configuration.xml

Post by Natalia Lupacheva »

Hi Gary,

Moved your post to the existing thread to keep similar issues together.
You're right, the license is required for the Configurator.

Thanks!