Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
theruck
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: theruck

Files view question (or feature request)

Post by theruck »

I have 300 days of backups in a backup job but now i need to cleanup files from this job. Basically i need to keep the full backups from the job while deleting others. The problem is that it is more than 12000 files and it is not possible to sort by "name" then by "modified" neither it is possible to filter the view.
I would like to know if there is a way how to display the files based on a filter in any other tool as i need to delete manuallly like 250 objects of every VM i backed up in the job.
I contacted support of Veeam and they proposed an Export backup feature for those i want to keep but that makes the same trouble - not able to filter it out by any criteria in the job view + it takes enormous time to export so much backups so i just need a more convenient way on how to delete those backups i no longer need.
basically sorting by more columns would be very usefull but filtering by the column value would be even better.

any ideas?
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Files view question (or feature request)

Post by foggy »

If you need to keep full backups only, then just deleted everything except VBK files in the repository folder.
theruck
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: theruck

Post by theruck »

that is not the case. as i want to keep only one VBK for every month of every VM
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Do you use per-VM backup chains in your repository? In this case, each VM has its own subfolder, so sorting the VBK files in these subfolders by date should help to delete everything but the most recent ones.