Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
glamic26
Enthusiast
Liked: 11 times

Processing Rate Representation in the Job Feature Request

Post by glamic26 » 1 person likes this post

I am testing a very fast backup storage solution and as such I am starting to see processing rates of speeds >1GB/s for the first time in the Job Statistics page/view. I have noticed however that as this switches from MB/s to GB/s but still only shows as a whole number with no decimal places the round up effect is warping some of the actual processing speeds.

For example I have a job that the Veeam Job Statistics page says ran at 2GB/s. In reality when checking with the Veeam One Job History Report the processing rate was actually 1658.87MB/s (I don't seem to be able to upload screenshots but can provide examples if there is a way to do this). When using MB/s the round up to a whole number was fine as the difference will be <0.5MB/s which in speed terms in inconsequential. However, when you get into the realms of GB/s then rounding up from 1.6GB/s to 2GB/s is adding as additional 400MB/s to the processing rate that is highly inaccurate.

Would it be possible to keep the units as MB/s even once speeds go over 1000MB/s? Or alternatively could the GB/s figure be changed to allow to at least two decimal places so that the processing rate reflects a more accurate figure?
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Processing Rate Representation in the Job Feature Request

Post by foggy »

Thanks, this makes sense, indeed.