Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
cerberus
Expert
Liked: 15 times
Full Name: Mirza

Re-installing Veeam BR 9.5

Post by cerberus »

Hello,

I am in the process of upgrading my backup server hardware, as such this is a new OS install and a new Veeam BR 9.5 install. I do not want to migrate any configuration (jobs, backup data on disk) from the old server. We do tape backups as well (B2D2T).

I was able to re-install Veeam on new server, import tapes created on old server to new server, plug in the encryption key password and they got cataloged no issues.

Next I want to re-create the backup jobs, we are backing up a VMware vSphere environment with CBT enabled using SAN mode. This got me thinking, do I need to worry about anything here in regards to CBT when I start backing up the same VM with the new server? I figured as long as my first backup is an active full backup everything should be happy? I have already turned off the backup jobs on the old server as I can see that would cause confusing.

Looking for any gotchas or things to watch out for when standing up a new Veeam install to backup existing VMs that have been backed up by another Veeam instance that is no longer.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Re-installing Veeam BR 9.5

Post by foggy »

No reason to worry about CBT. The way it works is not affected by any external factors.
cerberus
Expert
Liked: 15 times
Full Name: Mirza

Re: Re-installing Veeam BR 9.5

Post by cerberus »

Thanks for the link, that was dead on what I was wondering about.