Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
rrosario
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: ralph

Defining specific computer name (XML Configuration)

Post by rrosario »

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to do a remote deployment of the workstation agent and importing the XML configuration file through a script. I am wondering if there's a way I can automatically define the specific computer name of the machine on the xml file so that every job name is different? I want to have a naming scheme on our repository through job names so it is easier to identify.

Specifically, this line is what I am trying to change: I tried doing %ComputerName% on the object name but it does not work.

<JobInfo CryptType="10" CryptId="00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000" ObjectName="FRC-LABTS" JobName="FRC-LABTS-baremetal"

Thank you in advance!
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Defining specific computer name (XML Configuration)

Post by Dima P. »

Hello rrosario,

XML does not support variables, so that wont work. Mind me asking how you are going to deploy this xml to your agents? Thank you!
thejsav
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Jason Savlov

Re: Defining specific computer name (XML Configuration)

Post by thejsav »

I found this post on google, and i know it's a couple months old, but I'm gonna bring it back from the dead because I have the same question.

I'm using Datto RMM to deploy to agents. I create a custom "Veeam License and Config" component for each of my Veeam-utilizing clients, which consists of a batch script executed on each machine. I schedule to run the component as a job.