Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
drave
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: David Rigler

Agent will not run or re-install

Post by drave »

This morning veam-agent failed to run. The "veeam agent service" was stuck on "starting". Tried restarting machine, tried adding the "RecreateDatabase" variable. Nothing , nowt, nada, stuck starting forever.
OK, whatever uninstall and re-install. Uninstall OK, but latest version will not install. I get a "Please finish all backup and restore operations" dialog. So i'm stuck unable to do anything.

Any ideas , presumably some database clearout somewhere ???
jmk
Lurker

Re: Agent will not run or re-install

Post by jmk »

IF it helps to know you are not alone. It stopped working for me a couple of weeks ago and just getting around to investigating.

Reinstall, reboot - no liftoff.

Downloaded the software again. This time, It got though the creation of the boot media but that is where it ends. Agent doesn't appear in tray although set to load on Win Startup. If I launch it from Start menu, a frame of the dialogue flashes briefly. You then see the icon go into system tray but as soon as the mouse gets close to that icon, it disappears.

I have no idea what to try next. I'm not a hack. Just a Joe User.
jmk
Lurker

Post by jmk »

If it helps anyone, I got it working (couple of uninstall/re-install pairs and registry restore later). The last thing tried worked. That is I went and renamed all of the Veeam folders I could find in Program Files, Program Data, Profile and one other place (cannot recall), then reinstalled for the final time and its working now. I expect that if help had been available there was probably a simple fix but I needed that to work yesterday (Sunday).
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

Hi folks,

Please next time open a case and share the case ID with us: it looks like an infrastructure specific issue and we would love to get it investigated by our support team. Cheers!
Sam56
Lurker
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Sarmad Sadeed

Post by Sam56 » 1 person likes this post

Close all Veeam related tasks and services and the updating would work like a charm.