Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
abdulkaderanwar
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Abdulkader Anwar

Case ID#03763244 / Backup Issue

Post by abdulkaderanwar »

Hi there,

I setup backup schedule to take vm level backup from esxi standalone to NAS Storage. I am into an issue where VBR process showing it is running but from the ESXI it got stuck "Creating Snapshot" and the respective vms all frozen which i need to restart the host to access the vms back.

VBR version 9.5 update b and esxi standalone version 6.5 build 4564106.

Please let me know, if required any logs or additional information. The vms which i am taking backups are very critical vm and currently i stopped the schedule as it happened 3 times which is affecting other production vm when i restarting the host.

thanks in advance for your time and response

thanks
anwar
wishr
Veteran
Liked: 453 times
Full Name: Fedor Maslov

Re: Case ID#03763244 / Backup Issue

Post by wishr »

Hello Abdulkader,

Welcome to Veeam Community Forums and thanks for posting.

Our technical support engineers will reach you back, as a part of their common ticket handling process. Please note, that technical support for customers using Community Edition is offered on the best-effort basis.

As of now, I'd suggest trying to get the snapshot of the VMs experiencing the issue manually. If the issue persists it would be beneficial to involve VMware technical support into the investigation.

Thanks
abdulkaderanwar
Novice

Hi Fedor,

Thanks for your time to respond. It happens randomly and after the host restarts, the same schedule backup is completing without any issue.

Anyway i will try to take manual snapshot and check.

thanks
anwar
abdulkaderanwar
Novice

Hi there,

My case is closed without any fix. Any advise to overcome this issue will be highly appreciable.

thanks
anwar
wishr
Veteran

Post by wishr »

Hello,

Have you been able to create the snapshot manually? I'm pretty sure it will cause the same behavior and if so you should contact VMware support and let them investigate the issue.

Thanks
abdulkaderanwar
Novice

Hi there,

It was not happening regularly. I happens three times so far but after reboot the host, i run the backup and it was successful. Tried creating snapshot and it was fine.

thanks
wishr
Veteran

Post by wishr » 1 person likes this post

Hello Abdulkader,

In this situation, you may go ahead and raise a support case with VMware, and additionally try to open one more with our engineers. Please note, that our technical support for free products is limited and based on staff availability.

Thank you