Agent-based backup of Windows, Linux, Max, AIX and Solaris machines.
ebbperra
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: PO Olsson

Azure account backup rights on local PC

Post by ebbperra »

Hi

I have a customer that has windows 10 PCs joined to azure. I have an account that is a global admin on azure, and thus should have local admin rights on those PCs , i can access the c drive via a normal explorer via \\pcname\c$ for example with the global account.
i would like B&R to install an windows agent on the machines and have that monitor backups, the agent will be installed so that the agent is running the job and puts the backups to a local NAS share.

But when i try to add the PC in the backup job it fails on the credentials , i have used credentials as backup@mydomain.com but it doesn't seem to have any access to that PC.
Should it work or should this be setup diffrently ? should it work with an global admin azure account just if it would have been a local domain in another environment?

thanks for you thoughts on this
PO
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2877 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Re: Azure account backup rights on local PC

Post by HannesK »

Hello,
the user for deployment requires local admin permissions on the PCs. I expect the global admin to work.

I don't see that you state that backup@mydomain.com has admin permissions on all PCs. So I guess that's the problem. You can also try mydomain\username format, but you need admin permissions on the PCs.

Best regards,
Hannes
ebbperra
Novice

Post by ebbperra »

Hi

thanks for your reply.

ok so global admin should work... in azure its setup so that the global admin should be local admin on the PCs as they are joined the azure AD as default, so as the backup user is a member of the global admin group, they should have the local admin permissions on all joined PCs as well... if i am not missing something here...?

and the account is working to access the PCs C drive via the local network as well, so the account is working somewhat at least...

but is the correct way of adding a user account in backup and replication in the username either "backup@mydomain.com" or "mydomain.com\backup" ? there is azure account setup as well i the account section of veeam, but i guess that is only to be used if i actually are going to backup to azure itself?

thanks again
PO
ebbperra
Novice

Post by ebbperra »

I have now also added the specificities backup user to the azure joined devices as a local admin, will try with that as well and get back to you as soon as i can get a remote session to the B&R server again.

//PO