Host-based backup of Nutanix AHV VMs.
neilmurphy65
Enthusiast
Liked: 16 times
Full Name: Neil Murphy

Repositories not found

Post by neilmurphy65 »

Hi all,

I'm doing some testing in my home lab with Nutanix Community Edition. I've set up the Nutanix node and I have a VBR 9.5U4 server. I've installed and configured the Veeam proxy. I've successfuly registered the Nutanix cluster and the VBR server with the proxy. Everything seems to be OK until I try to configure a job. Then I get a warning "Repositories not found.Reload page".

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Neil.
PetrM
Veeam Software
Liked: 520 times
Full Name: Petr Makarov

Re: Repositories not found

Post by PetrM » 1 person likes this post

Hi Neil!

Looks like AHV proxy can't get the list of available repositories from VBR server.
I'd suggest to check repository permissions on VBR side and make sure that the user who registered VBR server is allowed to store backups on repository you're going to use for AHV backups.

Thanks!
neilmurphy65
Enthusiast
Liked: 16 times
Full Name: Neil Murphy

Post by neilmurphy65 » 2 people like this post

Thanks Petr.
I found my problem. My Veeam server had dropped out of Active Directory so I added it back in but that screwed up the credentials. I reinstalled Veeam and now everything is working perfectly.
Regards,
Neil.
Motty
Veeam Software
Liked: 6 times
Full Name: Hideto Mochizuki

Post by Motty »

Hi,

Which user permissions is required for the repository when backing up from an AHV proxy to CIFS repository via Gateway server?
I know following configuration. Which user should be specified in this configuration?
https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/van/u ... tml?ver=10

Background of this question.
My customer is doing POC now in AHV environment.
He could deploy VBR server, CIFS repository and AHV proxy. The VBR server also serves as the Gateway server.
When backup job creation wizard on AHV proxy, he can also list the CIFS repository in the.

However, he mentions that the backup job is failed due to credential error to access CIFS, when backup job runs.
I think this is a user permission issue and I want to check which user should be specified at first.

However, if there seems to be a cause other than user permission, I would be happy if you could give me advice.
--
Hideto Mochizuki
PetrM
Veeam Software

Post by PetrM »

Hi Hideto!
Which user should be specified in this configuration?
It should be the same account which is used to register VBR server on AHV appliance.

However, he mentions that the backup job is failed due to credential error to access CIFS, when backup job runs.
Have you tried to open the share manually in Windows File Explorer using the same account which is specified on AHV appliance side?
You could try to test it on both Veeam and Gateway servers. I expect that the same credential error will appear.

Thanks!
Motty
Veeam Software

Post by Motty »

Hi PetrM-san!

Customer tested to open the same share manually in Windows File Explorer using the same account which is specified on AHV appliance. It was succeeded.
Customer also following additional tests.
(1)Run the same backup job of AHV appliance, and everyone read/write permission were granted for the same CIFS share. It was succeeded.
(2)Run the backup job of ESX server, the backup repository is the same CIFS share with the same AD user permission. There is no everyone read/write permission. It was succeeded.

It's curious.
Are there possible causes other than CIFS permissions?
--
Thank you,
PetrM
Veeam Software

Post by PetrM »

Hi Hideto!
Run the same backup job of AHV appliance, and everyone read/write permission were granted for the same CIFS share. It was succeeded.
It's expected as long as everyone has read/write permissions on repository.

Run the backup job of ESX server, the backup repository is the same CIFS share with the same AD user permission. There is no everyone read/write permission. It was succeeded.
This result is expected as well because access permissions affect jobs pointed to Veeam repositories from outside, like agent or AHV jobs.

I suggest to contact our support team in order to find a cause of failure when specific user is allowed to store backups on the repository because it seems that debug logs analysis is required.

Thanks!
Motty
Veeam Software

Post by Motty » 1 person likes this post

Hi PertM-san,

Customer opened support case for this issue.

Thank you for your advice:-)
--
Hideto Mochizuki
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

It would be helpful, if you post a ticket number for the convenience of future readers. Thanks!