Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
jh906
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: JH

Question about encryption password

Post by jh906 »

Hello Everyone,

I am currently using Veeam Backup and Replication Community Edition to manage some systems, and we are using the encryption password to add an extra layer of security. I have two issues:

1. One workstation constantly asks for the password.
2. A similar thing happens when there is corruption detected in one of the backup chains, a prompt appears on the workstation, and doesn't appear to go away until the password is entered. This one doesn't happen every time I don't believe.

Is there something I can do to correct these issues?

Thanks!
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2890 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Re: Question about encryption password

Post by HannesK »

Hello,
I'm just guessing because support is the way to go with such kind of issues (well, I see you have community edition, so it might take some time to get answers). Please post the case number here for reference.

1. could you describe a little bit more? If you have central agent management, where does the workstation "ask"?
2. did you try a new active full already?

Best regards,
Hannes
jh906
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: JH

Re: Question about encryption password

Post by jh906 »

1. It asks locally on the machine. I get a status notification from this machine stating: "Error: Unable to start the job: timed out waiting for a user to provide the password for the existing backup files chain." Then I have to remote into that system (or walk over to the other building) and type in the password.
2. It will create a new active full / backup chain once I enter the password, but the problem is it asking for the password. Sometimes it creates a new chain without asking for the password, but not always. So then I have to do a similar thing as above.

Thank you for your response, and I just opened a ticket as you asked and the ID is: [ID# 03773249]