Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
govi
Enthusiast
Liked: 7 times
Full Name: Govinda Naik

Failed to send certificate, but certificate is required for remote agent management Error: No authority could be contact

Post by govi »

Hi team,

Trying to deploy Veeam Agent through Veeam B&R Server and i m getting below error message

Failed to send certificate, but certificate is required for remote agent management Error: No authority could be contacted for authentication.

any clue with above error.

Thanks,

Govi
wishr
Veteran
Liked: 453 times
Full Name: Fedor Maslov

Re: Failed to send certificate, but certificate is required for remote agent management Error: No authority could be con

Post by wishr »

Hi Govi,

As usual, please reach out to our technical support team directly for advanced troubleshooting and post your support case ID for our and forum community members reference.

Thanks
govi
Enthusiast

Re: Failed to send certificate, but certificate is required for remote agent management Error: No authority could be con

Post by govi »

Hi Wishr,

Case number #03659676. All relevant logs already provided to support team. Waiting for reply.

Thanks,
Govi
TimoW
Service Provider
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Timo Wende

Post by TimoW »

Hi Govi,
just having exactly the same issue. Any progress or solution with support?

Thanks,
Timo
wishr
Veteran

Post by wishr »

Hi Timo,

Could you please check if it works under Local Admin? This has resolved the initial issue reported by Govi. As of now, our engineers requested a remote session to take a look at another difficulty related to rescan.

It feels like the root cause is environment-specific, but it's, of course, better to wait until we'll have all the pieces of evidence in place.

I'd suggest you raise a separate support case in parallel since it's the fastest way to get a proper solution.

Thanks
TimoW
Service Provider
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Timo Wende

Post by TimoW » 1 person likes this post

Hi Fedor,
I've checked it with a local admin account configured at the credentials page on the protection group but got no success.
Unfortunately the user needs to take away his notebook to a meeting ... now. :-(
As for now it looks like that only one notebook have this issue. I'll more dig into the problem asap.
And yes, as soon as I can tell something more than "it does not work" I'll raise a support ticket. :-)

Thanks,
Timo
govi
Enthusiast

Post by govi »

Hi TimoW,

for me after updating with local account this particular issue got fixed but encountered new issue where in scan shows old IP address of VAW. Meaning DHCP lease IP address which was assign by DHCP server when i deployed veeam agent. Today DCHP assinged different IP address to that laptop and new IP is not getting updated in veeam console and for some reason it was not able to access Admin$ share as well . We started netlogon or network logon services.

Was able to access Admin$ share from veeam server but still we faced issue with scanning veeam agent.

Support person has collected few logs from server and hopefully we should have answer to our problem.

Thanks,

Govi
mlavie
Enthusiast
Liked: 1 time

Post by mlavie »

Ever get a solution for this?
wishr
Veteran

Post by wishr »

Hi Mlavie,

As far as I see from Govi's case, the initial issue has been resolved using an account with the required permissions (not sure, how the second issue has been resolved, though). I'd suggest you go ahead and open a separate case if you've encountered something similar.

Thanks
govi
Enthusiast

Post by govi » 1 person likes this post

Hi Mlavie,

Just check if laptop and servers resolves IP address correctly(should resolve IP to IPv4 only) and check if server can access $admin share correctly using credentials used on veeam backup server.

That's what i remember we had done during remote session with veeam support.

Thanks,

Govi.