Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
TomAlbright
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Tom Albright

4b has caused massive headaches

Post by TomAlbright »

We are a VmWare 6.7 shop and have just recently upgraded Veeam to 4b. The Problem I'm having is that on 6 different vm's the backups are causing issues. When Veeam gets to 99% on each job and then deletes the snapshot..the server briefly looses outside connectivity, when I say outside I mean to the non vm machine, like my desktop and our monitoring server (Solar Winds). I see a forced time change that VmWare does, and that can be disabled, but I just figure out why it looses connectivity when the snapshot is deleted...any ideas?

Thank you in advance!!!
PetrM
Veeam Software
Liked: 520 times
Full Name: Petr Makarov

Re: 4b has caused massive headaches

Post by PetrM » 1 person likes this post

Hi Tom!

Can I ask you to clarify which server loses connectivity? Are you talking about VM for which snapshot removal process is triggered or about Veeam server itself?
In the first case, I'd suggest to perform isolation test and to review the list of common troubleshooting tasks from this article.

For the second case, it would be difficult to determine the cause without additional testing and infrastructure analysis.
Are you running Veeam B&R on VM or on physical server?

Thanks!
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Re: 4b has caused massive headaches

Post by Gostev »

Since no customers have reported similar issues with Update 4b after 150K downloads, I would suspect environment-specific problem here.

Kindly please include support case ID for this issue, as requested when you click New Topic. Otherwise, this thread will eventually be removed by moderators, as per forum rules.

Thanks!