Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
jmamani
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Juan Mamani

why when you delete one replica task drag vm host target?

Post by jmamani »

We use version 6.0 linux. Today supervisor deleted by menu one replica task but also was deleted vm host target. By the way, before days ago this guy deleted vm host source. But everything was working til now behavior was unexpected.

Is it possible to recover vm host target?

Any help will be appreciated! :D
Thanks
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: why when you delete one replica task drag vm host target?

Post by veremin »

Not sure, what product version you're using and actions you performed. Can you describe the process in more details? Thanks!
jmamani
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Juan Mamani

Post by jmamani »

Sorry I didn't explain well the scenario.
Products version: Veeam Backup & Replication 9.5 (windows) and VMware 6.0 (linux)
From veeam main menu action delete replication task was made. We used to setup RAID5 on veeam.
Til today existed target vm host on vmware before action delete from veeam. In the middle of the history RAID5 failed. But things keeps working.
So the question is why was involved vmware host deleted even the action was delete task replication on veeam? Or it just a failure of VMware?

Thanks for your time!
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

Unfortunately, I still cannot provide any comments, since I don't quite get the issue you're experiencing. I'd recommend opening a ticket with our support team, as I see you got storage system failed which might indeed cause some severe problems. Thanks!