Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
aschepers
Enthusiast
Liked: never

Not enough space on the disk

Post by aschepers »

I have the following problem: some VM's refuse to be backed up by VeeAM Backup (version 2, still haven't heard from VeeAM if we are eligible for an upgrade). I get the following error:

"Completing current object backup process VCB error: Error: Failed to export the disk: There is not enough space on the disk An error occurred, cleaning up... "

VCB backup in SAN mode. There is about 90GB free on the VMFS LUN, while the VM itself is 10GB. Inside the VM. there is approx. 5GB free.

On the VeeAM server, there is 6.8GB free on the C:\ drive, while there is 312GB free on the D:\ drive (that's where the backups go).

I'm stumped, and can't find anything on this subject in the VMware KB or via Google.

Any ideas? Thanks.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6714 times

Re: Not enough space on the disk

Post by Gostev »

Hello, yes all customers on maintenance are eligible for free upgrade to all minor and major releases. First year of maintenance is included with the new licenses purchase, so I assume that you are still on maintenance. Please contact your sales representative and/or our support to get the new v3 license.

And your issue is most likely due to the lack of free space on your C:\ drive. We can confirm this for sure if you send all logs from Help | Support information to support@veeam.com.
aschepers
Enthusiast

Post by aschepers »

Hi Gostev,

I will get in contact with our sales representative (again).

Also, I sent the logs to the mailddress you specified. You will see a lot of errors because we also had some VC issues, and I restarted the various backup jobs during the weekend. Please email me or post here if you need more information.

Thanks!
aschepers
Enthusiast

Post by aschepers »

Hi,

(just also mailed this to your support department)

We upgraded to 3.0.1, and it seems to fix the issue. Let's put this on hold and see if it comes back again. If not, you can close the call.
Ben Milligan
Expert
Liked: 40 times

Post by Ben Milligan »

Thanks aschepers, good to hear it is working now. Please don't hesitate to reply to your exisiting case with support if you have any future troubles.

Thanks!
Ben Milligan
Expert
Liked: 40 times

Post by Ben Milligan »

Just an update on this original post. This is an issue with the free space on the VCB proxy. While the VCB job is running, some free space is needed for the temp directory for VCBmounter to work on the fly. When running multiple VCB jobs, this error is more likely to occur.
biker
Influencer

Post by biker »

I have the same Problem, what can i do ? I have Veeam Backup 3.0.1 , more temp space on Veeam Backup Host ?
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6714 times

Post by Gostev »

How many free disk space you have on volume that your %TEMP% folder redirects to?