Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
athoscrivelli
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Athos Crivelli

Feature Request - quick migration enhancements

Post by athoscrivelli »

Hello,

I would like to request a couple of enhancements in the Quick Migration functionality.

The first useful enhancement would be to have possibility to configure a quick migration job for "fully automated" or for "partially automated": The "fully automated" behavior is corresponding to the actual behavior. The "partially automated" should work like this: for a running VM the snapshot is transferred to the destination, then before Veeam will shut down the VM the job is suspended asking with a pop-up or an e-mail, or whatever. When the operator sends the confirmation the job will resume turning off the VM, transferring the changes and finalizing the task, in this way we have the full control on when the VM will be shut down.

The second useful enhancement would be to have the possibility to map the source VM networks to the destination VM networks.

Thank You !
Egor Yakovlev
Veeam Software
Liked: 680 times
Full Name: Egor Yakovlev

Re: Feature Request - quick migration enhancements

Post by Egor Yakovlev »

Greetings, Athos!

That looks like a perfect case to use Veeam VM Replication + Planned Failover:
- it will replicate VM to another host (can be done automated, on schedule unlike 1-time Quick Migration). Target VM is in a shut down state and waiting for Day Z.
- it can properly map VM Networks on target host
- when operator needs, it can execute Planned Failover with 0 data loss, shutting down production VM and updating replica machine to latest state prior to launch!

Check it here

Thanks for Your feedback anyway, I have it noted.
athoscrivelli
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Athos Crivelli

Re: Feature Request - quick migration enhancements

Post by athoscrivelli »

Hello Egor,

I did not think on using the Replication and the Planned failover...
It really looks like this does what i was searching for. I will try this in the next days.

Thanks a lot for the suggestion and for the prompt answer.