Maintain control of your Microsoft 365 data
arathron
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Oscar Melo

Restoring old backup Office 365 Veeam Backup

Post by arathron »

Hi

Unfortunately I loss the repository because one of the raid disk failed, I did again full backup (4.7 TB) and I´m triyng to restore March 2019 backup, with Veeam Explorer I can see the dates with X Mark, with Windows Explorer I can see de the old dates 2016, 2017, etc..., how Can I restore the old dates backups?

Regards

Oscar
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Re: Restoring old backup Office 365 Veeam Backup

Post by Gostev »

Do you actually have those backups from prior months? I thought you said they were lost along with the repository, and all you have now is the most recent full backup?
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Post by Mike Resseler »

Hi Oscar,

If you still have the old databases, then you can do the restore of that date by using the following procedure: https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backu ... l?ver=95u4

If you indeed lost those databases because of the raid failure, then the point in time restore of march 2019 is gone I'm afraid and you indeed only have the latest full. The reason you see 2016, 2017 and so on is because your mailboxes have information in it from that day and we store the data per year.

Are you running this as a VM? Because it is always a good idea to backup your VMs (VBO and Proxies) with Veeam Backup & Replication. That will give you an additional layer of backup and the possibility to do item level restore from there
arathron
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Oscar Melo

Post by arathron »

Thanks Mike, I'm afraid your right... that's means if the new full backup was two weeks ago, I just can recover the backups since that last backup? I'm going to give you a scenario:

user@contoso.com
Full Backup: Two weeks ago - Like my situation, I've lost the disk :( I'd run again the first full backup
Size user backup: 20 GB
User created 2 years ago

If I need restore for example the user backup 6 months ago, I'm not able to restore with the new full backup that I have?

Thank for your help

Regards

Oscar