Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
Rohail2004
Enthusiast
Liked: never

restore files from other than C drive

Post by Rohail2004 »

I’m trying to restore a file which is located NOT in the C:\ drive, instead in non OS drive, but when I used the restore option Guest files(Other OS), then I get the FLR error. My virtual LAB hasnt worked, since we're using Cisco Nexus 1000 vDS, and it does not recognize the switch by giving an error saying "Invalid Virtual Switch Name". I spoke to Veeam Tech Support and they stated it isnt supported yet, which put me in a bad spot as to how can I just restore my SQL database files which isn't located in C:\ drive. I dont want to perform full restore of a VM because it is over 2TB. I just need to restore some SQL files from a drive, and I'm unable to do so. Any help would be highly appreicated.

Thanks.
eriktxstate
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Erik Redding

Re: restore files from other than C drive

Post by eriktxstate »

I'm having that same issue with a linux file restore. it's causing me pain because they're expecting the files to be restored NOW.
Ben Milligan
Expert
Liked: 40 times

Post by Ben Milligan »

Erik - If you have DVS switch also, this is the cause of your behavior. We have a hotfix to allow this to function normally. I'll ensure our support team provides this to you ASAP.
tsightler
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2843 times
Full Name: Tom Sightler

Post by tsightler »

Rohail2004 wrote:I’m trying to restore a file which is located NOT in the C:\ drive, instead in non OS drive, but when I used the restore option Guest files(Other OS), then I get the FLR error.
Why are you using "Guest files(Other OS)"? Is it because of GPT or some other reason?