Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
wku
Novice
Liked: 3 times

Server 2019 ignoring diskpart san policy?

Post by wku »

Hey everyone.
I need an (in)sanity check.

Fresh blank Server 2019 machine, installed & updated to current (Oct2019 Cumulative + a bunch of usual side bits like dotnet).
Checked diskpart san policy - OfflineShared out of the box as expected.
Mapped an iSCSI LUN - immediately went Online.
Demapped, cleaned up, changed san policy to OfflineAll which should affect everything except boot drive.
Rebooted.
Mapped another iSCSI LUN with different IQN (just in case the "online" flag was saved for the first test LUN) - immediately went Online.

This was first time I tried to deploy 2019 for a proxy+repo box, currently reinstalling it with 2016 to compare.
Did anyone else observe a similar behavior?

Thanks!
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2877 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Re: Server 2019 ignoring diskpart san policy?

Post by HannesK »

Hello,
and welcome to the forums

works fine in my lab. I don't know how often I connected iSCSI LUNs manually during the last months (very often)

Best regards,
Hannes

PS: you know, that this the Veeam forum, not Microsoft? :-)
wku
Novice
Liked: 3 times

Re: Server 2019 ignoring diskpart san policy?

Post by wku »

Hiya!

Been lurking for quite a while, but well, finally ran into something stupid that deserved a post.
And at the same time, let's be honest, a chance to get a useful reply regarding a problem like this here is a couple orders of magnitude better than on MS forums. :)

I did reinstall that machine with 2016 and it obeys the policies correctly.
I guess next thing I should test would be to install another 2019 afresh and try that again - with a scratch LUN of course.

Cheers!