Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Kenneth Ross

Backup Copy Job of a Backup Copy Job B&R 9.5.4.2866

Post by kross »

Currently using:
-B&R 9.5.4.2866
-Veeam Agent for Windows (free)
-Hyper-V Environment

I’m trying to do a backup copy job to a third repository, copying the backup copy job data from repository 2, which is created from a Agent for Windows backup job on repository 1. This should work in theory but it doesn’t.

Currently getting “No restore points found” when I run the job. Also tried manually copying the backup copy job files to the third repository, re-scanned the location, mapped the new backup copy job to the first backup copy job (second repository) and I still get the same thing, “no restore points found”, also noticed that it deleted the jobs name out of the veeam console as if it updates the first backup copy job.

Opened a ticket inquiring if anything of these two methods can be done to help create a "third layer" of backups:

Veeam Support - Case # 03812247

"In short, this is simply unsupported." Was referred to request this "feature" be added to a future release.

Also ran across this post that shows how this can also be done, but once again this is just a theory:

http://www.running-system.com/veeam-bac ... ent-263186
DGrinev
Veteran
Liked: 247 times
Full Name: Dmitry Grinev

Re: Backup Copy Job of a Backup Copy Job B&R 9.5.4.2866

Post by DGrinev »

Hi,

Why don't you want to use the source backup repository for the second backup copy job? (Repository 1 -> Repository 3). Thanks!
kross
Novice
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Kenneth Ross

Post by kross »

Because rep #1 is copying to rep #2 over the WAN offsite(using WAN ACC's), rep #2 and #3 are in the same location. If I do this, I will be running two backup copy jobs offsite over the WAN. This will slow down my backup copies for this job and others to rep# 2, and will possibly bog down my network during business hours.
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2257 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

Have you tried this approach? (check backup copy from backup copy section) Thanks!