Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
dsmithpdx
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Doug Smith

Consolidating Two Veeam 6.5 Servers into One Veeam 7 Server

Post by dsmithpdx »

Hello,

We currently have two Veeam servers, both running 6.5.0.106 (32-bit) in Windows Server 2003 Standard 32-bit VMs in VMWare ESXi 5.1 We would like to build a new Windows Server 2012 Datacenter 64-bit VM, running Veaam 7, and migrate all of the jobs from the existing two Veeam servers into the single new Veeam 7 server.

So far, I have built the WS2012 VM, and installed Veeam 6.5.0.109 (64-bit). I could not find 6.5.0.106 for download, so I went with 6.5.0.109. I exported the configuration from one of our existing Veeam 6.5 servers, and imported it into the new Veeam server. I do see the jobs, repositories, proxies, etc. on the new server now.

Question: How can I also import the configuration from the second original Veeam server into the new one? Or is that not possible?

Thanks!
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Consolidating Two Veeam 6.5 Servers into One Veeam 7 Ser

Post by foggy »

Doug, it is not possible to import several configurations into a single Veeam B&R. You will have to re-create jobs from the second Veeam B&R instance on the newly installed one. In case the second Veeam B&R instance used different backup targets, you would need to create new backup repositories for them using your new installation (this will "import" existing backups). After that you will be able to map newly created jobs to existing backup files to avoid full job runs.
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Consolidating Two Veeam 6.5 Servers into One Veeam 7 Ser

Post by veremin » 1 person likes this post

If you're familiar with the PS scripting, you can decrease amount of manual routine required. There is a script that lists all settings of a backup job. Using this script, you can get custom settings of backup jobs from server 1, then, create new jobs on server 2, and pass the saved custom settings to them.

Thanks.
tkutil
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Troy Kutil

[MERGED] Copying Jobs from one MGR to another MGR

Post by tkutil »

We have two MGR servers that backup two different environments and want to consolidate down to one. I was wondering if I can use powershell to copy/recreate the jobs instead of doing that via the gui. Anyone have any samples or ideas?

TIA
Troy
chris.arceneaux
VeeaMVP
Liked: 359 times
Full Name: Chris Arceneaux

Re: Copying Jobs from one MGR to another MGR

Post by chris.arceneaux »

Hi Troy,

Can you please clarify the Veeam product (MGR servers) that you're referring to?
Chris Arceneaux
Solutions Architect | Veeam Cloud & Service Providers
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Consolidating Two Veeam 6.5 Servers into One Veeam 7 Server

Post by foggy »

Hi Troy, please above for the possible solution - basically you need to recreate all jobs from one instance on another one, but this can be simplified with scripting.