Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
flavor4real
Expert
Liked: 5 times
Full Name: DS

VBK VIB file move to bigger disk storage

Post by flavor4real »

Hello,
my first post so take it easy. I'm learning Veeam Bkup & Rep Version5.0 and it's pretty straight forward. We have 7 jobs, where each has several servers implemented. Unfortunately, the allocated disk space is getting full and we decided to allocate another diskspace of 2TB and then clean up.

1st. Question::
Drive x:/ containsd all VIB's and VBK's. I've setup hald of the backup jobs wit hthe new destination path to drive Y:/ all of this is on the same server. Now, can I just take and move the VIB's and VBK's for the 4 Backup jobs manually to the new location? or is there somekind of internal link to these files and i have to do a proper move for these files to be recognized on the new location.

I've did a test and moved alow priority backup job's VIB's and VBK's to the new path, ran a full backup and all looks fine.

2nd. Question::
Can I force a synthetic backup manually?

thanks for any help
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: VBK VIB file move to bigger disk storage

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hello Dennis,

A1. You want to move those backup files manually to drive Y, then update target storage path at Destination | Target folder in the advanced job settings.

A2. There is no way to force synthetic backup manually, you need either use reversed incremental backup mode or choose particular days in the advanced settings to create synthetic full backup.

Thanks!
flavor4real
Expert
Liked: 5 times
Full Name: DS

Post by flavor4real »

Hello Vitaly S.
Thanks for ur respond.
pizzim13
Enthusiast
Liked: 6 times

Force synthentic full

Post by pizzim13 »

[merged]

Is there any way to force Veeam to run a synthetic full on an existing job?
Sethbartlett
Veteran
Liked: 26 times
Full Name: Seth Bartlett

Post by Sethbartlett »

Set the synthetic full to todays date and run the job or schedule it to run in a few minutes.
Skype: Sethbartlett88 - Make sure to label who you are and why you want to add me ;)
Twitter: @sethbartlett
If my post was helpful, please like it. Sometimes twitter is quicker to hit me up if you need me.
saddison
Lurker
Liked: never

Manual Synthetic Full

Post by saddison »

[merged]

Is it possible to start a manual synthetic full backup? Occasionally, our weekly synthetic full backup will fail. I would like to have the ability to initiate this manually when needed.

I believe I can change the day of the week that it is performed, but I was looking for a way to do this without having to change the job settings.