Host-based backup of Microsoft Hyper-V VMs.
mvalpreda
Enthusiast
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: Mark Valpreda

Unable to create production checkpoints for 2012 P2Ved machine

Post by mvalpreda »

P2Ved a 2012 (not R2) machine to a Server 2019 Hyper-V host and getting the following error when trying to do production checkpoints: Production checkpoints cannot be created for 'WEBDEV2012'. The production checkpoints fail nearly immediately when attempting them through Hyper-V Manager.

The machine is up to date, there is plenty of drive space, manually installed integration components from https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/hel ... l-machines and cleaned up the old software and removed missing hardware.

I know this is not a Veeam issue, just hoping someone might have some suggestions to get production checkpoints working. Would like to have a solid backup through Veeam.
Egor Yakovlev
Veeam Software
Liked: 680 times
Full Name: Egor Yakovlev

Re: Unable to create production checkpoints for 2012 P2Ved machine

Post by Egor Yakovlev »

Greetings Mark!

Personally I would start with checking Windows logs to see the error that pops when Production Checkpoint fails, but my bet would be a VSS on that P2Ved machine.
You can always open a support ticket at our website and walk this path with Veeam support engineer guidance!

Hope that helps!
gmajestix
Service Provider
Liked: 5 times

Post by gmajestix »

I think it has something to do with Windows 2012 (not R2) that is missing some components in VSS to make a production snapshot.
Egor Yakovlev
Veeam Software
Liked: 680 times
Full Name: Egor Yakovlev

Post by Egor Yakovlev »

It will be best to discuss it with Microsoft representatives to start with, since we cannot suggest fixes for other applications.
/Egor