Discussions related to exporting backups to tape and backing up directly to tape.
DCW
Enthusiast
Liked: never
Full Name: Chris Warner

HP Tape loader speed issues on latest update

Post by DCW »

Hi all,

I'm having issues with write speed to my HP G2 Tape Loader. I've gone from Writing at up to 300 MB/s down to 50-150 KB/s. I've found a few threads on this forum and other sources of the same issue and Veeam have told me there are multiple issues with Tape drives on the latest version of Veeam. Has anybody successfully resolved these issues? I've had a case open with Veeam for 3 weeks now.

Veeam 9.5 u4b
HP 1/8 G2 Tape Loader, connected to a psychical server running server 2016 via FC. No encryption enabled.
QLogic HBA
All drivers and firmware are the latest.

[ID# 03769774]

Thanks
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2877 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Re: HP Tape loader speed issues on latest update

Post by HannesK »

Hello,
I did not find your results from TapeLibTest.exe in the case.

Did you already provide the tape speed test information? I remember that support always tests tape speed with the tape vendor tool.

Best regards,
Hannes
kmbelt
Influencer
Full Name: Kevin Belt

Post by kmbelt »

I am having a similar issue with my HP MSL4048. My LTO5's run like normal and my LTO6's run slower. Also, Update 4b makes my drives not be able to be put online to be used. Lots of bugs in veeam with tape since 9.5 Update 4 was released.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

Hello Kevin,

Sorry to hear that you have issues after installing Update 4b. Any change you have a case ID to share? Can you please clarify if the fix from this KB article was applied or not? Thank you in advance!
dadi01
Novice
Full Name: da di

Post by dadi01 »

kmbelt wrote: Oct 14, 2019 6:33 pm I am having a similar issue with my HP MSL4048. audacity temp mail originMy LTO5's run like normal and my LTO6's run slower. Also, Update 4b makes my drives not be able to be put online to be used. Lots of bugs in veeam with tape since 9.5 Update 4 was released.

Veeam 9.5 u4b
HP 1/8 G2 Tape Loader, connected to a psychical server running server 2016 via FC. No encryption enabled.
QLogic HBA
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

dadi01,

Do you have a case ID to share? Thank you!
ursbucher
Lurker
Full Name: Urs Bucher

Post by ursbucher »

Hello @dadi01,

Could you please explain more about your connection details? Did you try to modify the encryption password? I had to create a ticket for support, because this update broke backup to tape for me.