Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
robcawood
Service Provider
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Rob Cawood

Case # 03785214 Jobs failing with InvokerTestConnection

Post by robcawood »

I am hoping to get this issue escalated by posting here... this is an ongoing issue that I have been dealing with for about 2 months.

I have supplied support logs and packet captures on multiple occasions but we are not getting any closer to resolving the issue.

In short we are getting the following errors during Backup, Backup Copy and SureBackup Jobs...

23/10/2019 9:44:21 AM :: Processing EFE-XXXXXX Error: Access is denied.RPC function call failed. Function name: [InvokerTestConnection]. Target machine: [FCS-XXXX.local:6162].
23/10/2019 5:30:45 PM :: Polling scale-out backup repository extents - FAILED
23/10/2019 9:15:14 AM :: Unable to allocate processing resources. Error: No scale-out repository extents are available.

This issue is happening every night on different jobs. You can have a case when a VM is currently processing in a job but another VM in the same job is logging this error.
If you re-scan the repository during this time sometimes it will succeed and the jobs will continue, other times it fails however after a couple of minutes the repository will re-scan and continue.
If you re-scan the Windows server it fails as well... it is like the service is not responding... however all Veeam services on the repository server show as running.

The net effect is every morning I have to manually reprocess the failed jobs and make sure they succeed... this is consuming heaps of time that we can't afford.

I have tried limiting the number of concurrent tasks right down, but still get the issue. I have also changed the schedules for the Backup and Copy jobs to try and avoid contention for resources, but the problem persists.

Anyone got any ideas?

Rob
PetrM
Veeam Software
Liked: 527 times
Full Name: Petr Makarov

Re: Case # 03785214 Jobs failing with InvokerTestConnection

Post by PetrM »

Hi Rob!

You may request to talk to a manager in order to escalate the case.

Thanks!
vivektj
Lurker
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Vivek Jacob

Post by vivektj »

Hi There,

We are experiencing the same issue and have tried the same troubleshooting steps.
Was there any fix to this?

Thanks
Vivek
PetrM
Veeam Software
Liked: 527 times
Full Name: Petr Makarov

Post by PetrM »

Hi Vivek!

Please contact our support team to continue root cause analysis.

Thanks!