Real-time performance monitoring and troubleshooting
felyjos
Veteran
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: Dominique DUCHEMIN

snapshot aging!!! 1,000+ hours!!!

Post by felyjos »

Hello,

I have several machine which do not run their snapshot properly as seen in SCOM Alert but also on the vCenter console.
- Where is the last snapshot date in the vCenter?
- I noticed that these machines have a lot of Map Disk Region tasks listed versus the one with proper snapshot which have only create snapshot/ remove snapshot... The long list of Map Disk region prevent us to see any create snapshot as the other task Map Disk Region is taking two pages of the list...
What could be the reason of the non run of the creation of snapshot or at least non reporting through nWorks the value to SCOM?

Any idea?
Thanks,
Dom
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: snapshot aging!!! 1,000+ hours!!!

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hello Dom,
felyjos wrote:- Where is the last snapshot date in the vCenter?
I'm not quite sure it is available through vSphere Client, but this kind of information should be exposed in Managed Object Browser (MOB). If you are not familiar with MOB, I would suggest installing Veeam Reporter (free edition should be fine) and run an Inventory report that will show you all VMs with snapshots (creation date can be chosen as one of the parameters for the report).
felyjos wrote:- I noticed that these machines have a lot of Map Disk Region tasks listed versus the one with proper snapshot which have only create snapshot/ remove snapshot... The long list of Map Disk region prevent us to see any create snapshot as the other task Map Disk Region is taking two pages of the list...
What could be the reason of the non run of the creation of snapshot or at least non reporting through nWorks the value to SCOM?
You'd better ask it on the nworks forums or contact our support team directly, as it is hard to troubleshoot this issue without seeing additional information.

Thanks.
felyjos
Veteran

Post by felyjos »

Hello,

I will run VeeamReporter but as it is already crowdy and I am getting issues to use it with other products , IE, SharePoint ... I wonder if I could add a new report...
I will try to call Veeam Support as we have several issues on-going ... it is I have only 24 hours per day :)

Thanks,
Dom
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Yes, let's resolve all your technical issues first, then take a look at the reports themselves. :wink:

Just a small teaser for you - in the next version (Veeam ONE) we'll have a bunch of new predefined reports, this list includes nicely formatted Active Snapshots report which will show you both size and creation date for all snapshots.
felyjos
Veteran

Post by felyjos »

Any ETA?
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Post by Gostev »

Quite soon, Q4 this year... and this new version is absolutely terrific.