Host-based backup of Microsoft Hyper-V VMs.
jpj
Lurker
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Jeremy Johnson

Help with off-site replication config

Post by jpj »

Help, I am fairly inexperienced with Veeam and am having some trouble figuring out the steps to do what I need.

I have community edition running in our office and backing up our 4 hyper-v virtual servers just fine. I want to replicate this backup off-site but am not entirely sure how to set this up. I have a PC running Windows 10 Pro and a NAS device that I want to place outside of our office to receive the data. I am having trouble finding any walk-through or steps I should take to make this happen.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thank you
Egor Yakovlev
Veeam Software
Liked: 683 times
Full Name: Egor Yakovlev

Re: Help with off-site replication config

Post by Egor Yakovlev »

Hi Jeremy!

1. Add target storage using Add New Repository wizard. That will be your w10 machine with mounted NAS volume(go iscsi?)
2. Create Backup Copy Job to enable offsite copy process from Primary site storage to Second site storage.

Hope that helps!
jpj
Lurker
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Jeremy Johnson

Re: Help with off-site replication config

Post by jpj » 1 person likes this post

OK, so I do not need veeam installed on the remote system, just set it's file share up as a repository which will install the transport and such then set the copy job to send it there.

That makes sense, I was thinking I had to load the whole suite of software for some reason.

I was overthinking it. XD

Thanks for the help