Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
YoMarK
Enthusiast
Liked: 8 times
Full Name: Mark

ESXhost host uses different data transfer mode

Post by YoMarK »

Hello Veeam Community forums,

First: You're doing a great job with this forum! The active contributions of Veeam support personnel here is one of the reasons why we're happy to pay our support fee every year ;)

Anyway, today i've got a new error message when changing my replica job:
"esxserveroffsite.domain.local" host uses different data transfer mode than the original host an cannot be selected.
The strange thing is(different from other users having this problem on this forum), is that I only want to change to a different vmfs volume on the same ESX server.
I've already moved the VM data(1.7TB) to the new location, and unregistered/re-registered the replica's there.

This replication job is running fine for months(and still does), the Job and the host it replicates to has never changed, although there have been some ESX version upgrades in the past. The job did also exist when i've upgraded Veeam to version 5.02 some time ago.

Is there any way to fix this?
It would be nice to keep job history and versions of my Vm's intact.

Thanks in advance!
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2719 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: ESXhost host uses different data transfer mode

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hello Mark,

Given that you haven't changed the target host at all, it's hard to tell what the fix might be without seeing full replica job log files. In this case I would recommend opening a support ticket with our technical team, so they could have a look at the reason why you have this error message.

Thank you.
YoMarK
Enthusiast
Liked: 8 times
Full Name: Mark

Re: ESXhost host uses different data transfer mode

Post by YoMarK »

Ok, I´ll do that. Thanks!