PowerShell script exchange
Peejay62
Expert
Liked: 37 times
Full Name: Peter Jansen

New-VBRFileToTapeObject size

Post by Peejay62 »

I am creating a script for a FileToTape backupjob and want to feed a selection of files to be processed into that job. I see I can create an object with New-VBRFileToTapeObject. I first wonder how many objects I can feed into it. This job will be generated on a daily basis in order to backup a set of specific, unique set of files to tape, so everyday the FileToTapeObject will be different with approximately 5000 entries. So, before I start I'd like to now if VBRFileToTapeOBject can hold at least 5000 entries..

thanks,
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: New-VBRFileToTapeObject size

Post by veremin »

Don't remember us implementing any thresholds there, so, you should be OK with feeding 5000 entries to VBRFileToTapeJobObject. Thanks!
Peejay62
Expert

Post by Peejay62 »

Ok, thanks for the info. Just aside, will there ever be a possibility/do you see a use case to add a more advanced selection criteria for files? What I mean is when creating the job (by gui) in the advanced selection I can wildcard and include/exclude, something like "creationdate" or "olderthan" would be very nice though. The missing of such options is the main reason I have to start scripting in the first place.thanks.
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

Certainly not the most popular demand, so, currently it doesn't have priority among other awaiting features. In other words, this is not in our short-term bucket. Thanks!
Peejay62
Expert

Post by Peejay62 » 1 person likes this post

ok, clear.. pity though.. scripting it is.

cheers