Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
andrie
Service Provider
Liked: 8 times
Full Name: Andy

vSphere 7 RC2 Test

Post by andrie »

Hello,

I'm currently testing vSphere 7 RC2 in a lab environment and Veeam backups are not working after the upgrade of VCSA and ESX Host.
The backup jobs are failing with the follwing error:

08.11.2019 09:52:40 :: Error: Cannot get service content.
Soap fault. Unsupported namespace "urn:internalvim25" in content of SOAP body while parsing SOAP body at line 2, column 266 while parsing SOAP envelope at line 2, column 0 while parsing HTTP request before method was determined at line 1, column 0Detail: '', endpoint: ''
SOAP connection is not available. Connection ID: [srv-vcsa].
Failed to create NFC download stream. NFC path: [nfc://conn:srv-vcsa,nfchost:host-1443,stg:datastore-2501@srv-test/srv-test.vmx].

It made no difference wether I connect to the host directly or to the vCenter appliance to run the backup job.

I tried rebooting the backup server, vcsa and host, changed the vcsa setting in Veeam B&R to FQDN (https://www.veeam.com/kb1905).

Veeam B&R is version 9.5 U4b.
Are there any known issues 9.5 U4b which prevents it to connect to the next vSphere version? Should I try and get the Veeam beta for v10 from my sales rep?
Support case is opened: #03853863
Andreas Neufert
VP, Product Management
Liked: 1401 times
Full Name: Andreas Neufert

Re: vSphere 7 RC2 Test

Post by Andreas Neufert » 1 person likes this post

Hi Andy,

we do not officially support vSphere 7 or any Release Candidate Versions. Our policy is to support it within 90 days after the release. As well we are working closely with VMware on any compatibility since the first available beta version.
andrie
Service Provider
Liked: 8 times
Full Name: Andy

Post by andrie » 1 person likes this post

I know that it is not supported, it was just a test. The problem is now solved after I installed the current Veeam beta.
Andreas Neufert
VP, Product Management
Liked: 1401 times
Full Name: Andreas Neufert

Post by Andreas Neufert »

Thanks for confirmation...