Discussions related to using object storage as a backup target.
bodgeup
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: John Kenny

Restoring from a Scale-out repo with Azure blob orbject??

Post by bodgeup »

Ive been using a Scale-out repo using an Azure Blob object storage but i cant work out how to restore from the object storage now?? I still see and can restore from the local Extent storage but I dont seem to be able to restore from the object storage on my scale-out?? Ive done a quick google and gone back through Veeams documentation on Scale-out repos but nothing there actually tells you how to do what i want to do??

Can somebody help me fill in what im missing please? Thanks??

JK
oleg.feoktistov
Veeam Software
Liked: 635 times
Full Name: Oleg Feoktistov

Re: Restoring from a Scale-out repo with Azure blob orbject??

Post by oleg.feoktistov »

Hi John,

Just go to one of the backups placed in local extent and in Restore Wizard choose the restore point, which falls under the offload policy you configured for Capacity tier of this Scale-out repository. That is the backup residing on object storage. Location column for this restore point should also reflect the object storage name.
Also, check the guide in this video..
The link points to the specific time already.

Wishing all the best,
Oleg
bodgeup
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: John Kenny

Post by bodgeup »

Thanks

I must have something setup wrong as I only have 1 restore point which is on the Extent not the Capacity tier, I tried to get around a storage size issue ive hit by trying to use scale-out to offload any restore points over 1 day to the capacity tier but its definitely uploading data as my azure blob reached £46 last month but nothing is in my Veeam inventory other than the 1 extent restore point.

Do you think it would even work if my Backup job was set to 1 restore point? My scale-out setup is setup to offload any points older than 1 days, but i was worried the backup job would cut off the SOBR? Seems my worries were right....
jmmarton
Veeam Software
Liked: 309 times
Full Name: Joe Marton

Post by jmmarton » 1 person likes this post

If your backup job is set to 1 RP, then it will always be in the Performance Tier rather than the Capacity Tier.

Joe