Standalone backup agents for Linux, Mac, AIX & Solaris workloads on-premises or in the public cloud
szahri
Novice
Liked: never

Oracle database application items restore failed during during heuristic analyse

Post by szahri »

Hi all,
I'm using VAL version 3 to backup an oracle physical server. The backup is centrally managed and backups (full, incr and archivelog backup set every 15 min) so far has been successful with no apparent issues. Application aware processing has been enabled and the correct credentials with elevated priveleged and sysdba access provided/configured.

However, when I tried to restore using the Veeam Oracle Explorer, the restore would start fine, went through the validation process. I then selected the Oracle home, and selected Current restore point analysis option. Heuristic analyse would then start, and show "Mounting restore point, operation in progress" for awhile until it fails eventually (after about 5 min or so). The error is "exception of type 'System.Exception".

Any idea what could be causing this? At my wits ends and Support hasnt been very responsive or helpful so far. Appreciate if anyone can help or point me in the right direction.

Thanks!
szahri
Novice

Re: Oracle database application items restore failed during during heuristic analyse

Post by szahri »

A bit more additional info :

A Guest file level restore with the FRA successfully mounted the image and I could browse the files.
Just not working for the Oracle Explorer...although it doesnt seem to be asking me the FRA information (but it did seem to have issues at the mounting part possibly when it was doing the analyse).
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 724 times

Re: Oracle database application items restore failed during during heuristic analyse

Post by PTide »

Hi,
Appreciate if anyone can help or point me in the right direction.
Kindly post your case ID so we can take a look at what's going on there.

The error that you observe is generic and it is virtually impossible to make sense out of it via forums.

Thanks!
szahri
Novice

Post by szahri »

Hi my case ID is Case # 03860536 .
Yeah I know its very generic...which is part of the problem :)
szahri
Novice

Post by szahri »

I got an update from support re using the right groups for the account used for the Veeam Oracle explorer. I've added the oinstall group access into the user and now heuristic analyse continues on to "discovering oracle instances..." and there after a moment it fails. Again.