Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
JoseMariaCM
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: José María

BSOD cycle after a BMR

Post by JoseMariaCM »

Hello everyone!

The version of my Veeam agent is 2.0, the Veeam recovery media was created on the same machine, I perform a Bare Metal Recovery complete with the option of driver injection disabled. The entire restoration process is perfect (on the same machine and the same hardware), until I restart the machine (Windows 10 Pro 64) that starts a BSOD loop with the message "INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE".

I have open the case # 02475449 and the log files in this link: [removed]

Is there a known solution? I have read some posts related to the same problem, but I do not know what solution to apply.

Thank you very much in advance,
regards
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: BSOD cycle after a BMR

Post by Dima P. »

Hello JoseMariaCM,

Please keep working with our support team and let us know how it goes. Thanks!
Technogod
Expert
Liked: 26 times

Post by Technogod »

I had a similar issue. I found EFI partition was missing. I did a volume level backup and missed selecting the EFI partition because it was at the bottom of the list.
JoseMariaCM
Novice

Post by JoseMariaCM »

Hello again,

Thanks to the help received from Veeam support, I have solved the problem. :D :D

Finally it has been fixed by performing the restore from an older point. But before doing this I tried to apply the steps indicated in - https://www.veeam.com/kb2407 - but in my case it did not work. Support Veeam tells me that there was an incident with a Windows update that can damage the system startup (you can see the detail in this link: https://www.windowscentral.com/how-fix- ... sible-boot -device-error-windows-10).

Thank you very much
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Post by Mike Resseler »

Thanks Jose,

Good to know. This will help others. FYI, if you are missing files that were not in the previous restore point but in the latests, you can still manually browse to that restore point and restore the "latest" files so you don't have to do the work again ;-)

Cheers
Mike
JoseMariaCM
Novice

Post by JoseMariaCM »

Thank you very much, Mike. I will do as you say if I miss any file.

Regards,
avs
Lurker
Full Name: Alex Sid

[MERGED] Bare Metal Restore on new SSD: win10 cannot boot

Post by avs »

Hello there:

I'm trying to replace SSD in a PC. Currently I have SATA SSD and I added NVMe one. I created Recovery Media (yesterday!) while running old SSD, rebooted and did Bare Metal Restore to new one. Windows does not boot from the new one. I keep getting "Inaccessible boot device" error. Tried to do "windows restore" - did not help. Tried it from both "new" windows UI and from Recovery Media as well.

Windows 10 1803; Veeam Agent 3.0.2.1170 (latest); i7 CPU; Asus mainboard.

I tried both with "inject drivers" and without (found on forums) - same thing.

I checked that both disks have EFI partition, not MBR (also found on forums). I'm at loss right now. What can I do?.

support case ID: 03865550

Thank you!
wishr
Veteran
Liked: 453 times
Full Name: Fedor Maslov

Re: Bare Metal Restore on new SSD: win10 cannot boot

Post by wishr »

Hi Alex,

I'm merging your topic with an existing thread - please take a quick look.

Thanks!
avs
Lurker
Full Name: Alex Sid

Post by avs »

yeah - i saw this thread but it did not help me. I have newest Veeam agent; windows 1803; media was created on the same day; using the same hardware. Checked for MBR/EFI...
wishr
Veteran
Liked: 453 times
Full Name: Fedor Maslov

Post by wishr »

Well, this error can be caused by a variety of reasons, so detailed debug log analysis is required. I'd sugged you wait for help from our support team.