Maintain control of your Microsoft 365 data
Frank_190
Influencer
Liked: 4 times
Full Name: Frank Pisano

One Drive Backup Issue

Post by Frank_190 »

I am wondering if any one has applied Fix_183242_4686a0bad2.zip to their Veeam backup for Office 365, and then had One Drive no longer be backed up? If so have you fixed it, and can you share said fix with me?

We applied the patch based off of not being able to properly restore Onenote files (03771853). Since then we have not been able to back up One Drive. SharePoint, and e-mails are being backed up, but not One Drive. I have an open case (03775139) that was opened on 9-20-19, and is yet to be resolved.

One of these day I would like to get a back up working again for One Drive.

Frank
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Re: One Drive Backup Issue

Post by Mike Resseler »

Hi Frank,

I looked at the case and it seems that they are working on this. However, it doesn't seem normal that it takes so long to solve it. I will see if I can do something today and talk to a few people. In the meantime, please keep me up-to-date about changes

Thanks
Mike
Frank_190
Influencer

Post by Frank_190 »

Mike -
I have heard back from the person working this ticket. "I have some steps we can try on a remote session that development has requested." Now I wait for the invite, and get to see what development has for me to try this time.
I will keep you posted later today with how we make out.

Thank you

Frank
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Post by Mike Resseler »

Perfect Frank,

In the meantime, our global support manager for VBO has reviewed it, and it seems that this is one of these rare cases (but not that rare, since we had it once before). It basically means that our support engineer has seen this correctly and gave you the correct fix. However, in one (that I know off) case this didn't resolve it and they had afterwards an issue. But it is so rare, that not everyone is aware of it (sorry about that). To solve it, our QC team needs to get involved and your support team is informed about the next steps so I am confident that the next steps will be taken soon, but it will require interaction with you.

Hope this helps you (and by the way, keep me informed about the progress)

Thanks
Mike
Frank_190
Influencer

Post by Frank_190 »

Just what I love, a rare case.
I am off the phone with support, and am waiting for yet another powershell command to run. Hopefully it will be sent out soon.
Just to re-iterate, still waiting to have a functional one drive backup.

Frank
Frank_190
Influencer

Post by Frank_190 »

Now I have a new engineer, a Senior Engineer looking at the case. Now we get to look at everything again with a fresh set of eyes. Another hour of my day I won't get back. They are also requesting a pull a server out of thin air so we can install a temporary instance of Veeam Office Backup 365 on. I wish we had the time, resources, and the licenses to do this.
I will keep you posted on how this goes today. Hopefully it is some check box some where that was overlooked.

Frank
Frank_190
Influencer

Post by Frank_190 » 1 person likes this post

Things are looking good. R&D got back and told me that there was a line that was missing in the Proxy.ini file. We adjusted the Proxy.ini file, and now it appears to work. The line missing is the one that was highlighted in this KB (kb2946).

Thank you for helping get the ball rolling on getting this issue resolved.

Frank