Agent-based backup of Windows, Linux, Max, AIX and Solaris machines.
billeuze
Influencer
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Bill Leuze

update to B&R 9.5 Update 4b waited 21 hours to update agent

Post by billeuze »

Case ID # 03867748

The above case ID is mainly for another issue. But that issue came about after the same update to B&R 9.5 Update 4b which I did yesterday morning. All the server logs are in that case file.

Developers should know that the update process tried to update the one agent we have in our backup infastructure, but it waited 21 hours after the update to do this. It waited until 2 hours after my reboot maintenance window ended. now I will wait until next weekend to do the required reboot. I hope this doesn't impact backups on our agent server. Following is the note from the above case which explains the subject of this topic.

At 8:00 am today I received an email alert from the B&R server saying:
"[Col-File] Failed to install Veeam Agent for Windows: reboot is required
Reboot is required for Col-File
Reboot is required"
Seriously! why wait till 8:00 on Monday morning to try and fail to install the agent to Col-File? I updated Veeam B&R to version update 4b Sunday morning at 9:00am. And rebooted the server Col-File a few times since then. My maintenance window for rebooting col-file ended at 6:00 am Monday. It had 21 hours to update the one agent we have in our infrastructure and it waited 23 hours - really!!! (on install of the update I did select the option to automatically update remote components).
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Re: update to B&R 9.5 Update 4b waited 21 hours to update agent

Post by Gostev »

Hello, this needs to be researched before jumping to conclusions, as it could be caused by an infrastructure issue. Please include the support case ID that includes logs covering the time period when the issue you're talking about in this topic happened. Thanks!
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: update to B&R 9.5 Update 4b waited 21 hours to update agent

Post by Dima P. »

Hello Bill,

Can you please clarify how the rescan of the protection group for the mentioned agent is scheduled? Do you have auto-update option enabled? Thank you in advance!